TravelAbility is a travel insurance program specifically designed for people with physical disabilities and their families.
In partnership with Ingle International and Imagine Financial Ltd., March of Dimes provides you with an experienced source of travel insurance to offer people with special needs fast, friendly service and solutions that let them travel with confidence.
Visit the TravelAbility site to browse the full line of products and services or call 1-866-598-3888.
Accessible Travel Resources
*March of Dimes Canada does not support or endorse the following Web sites.
• Accessible Travel -- detailed information and travel resources for accessible locations around the world.
• Global Access -- a travelers' network with links, stories and tips.
• Health Records -- useful tips on managing your personal health information
• Taking Charge of Your Air Travel Experience -- the Canadian Transportation Agency's Guide for Persons with Disabilities.
• Tips from Gimp on the Go -- general and specific tips, and short stories covering the experience of traveling with a disability.
• Holiday Care -- information about transport, accommodation, visitor attractions, activity holidays and respite care establishments in the UK and elsewhere.
Databases & directories
• Online Accessible Travel and Tourism Information Finder -- a searchable database of accessible Canadian travel and tourism information from Persons With Disabilities Online.
Accessible travel within Canada
• Access Canada -- BC -- a resource for accessible accommodations in British Columbia.
• Access Canada -- Alberta -- accessible accommodations in Alberta.
• Access Canada -- PEI -- accessible accommodations in Prince Edward Island.
• Accessible Nova Scotia -- a searchable database of accessible accommodations in Nova Scotia.
Accessible travel outside Canada
• Accessible Australia -- information and an accommodation database for accessible travel in Australia.
• Accessible Africa -- links to country-specific accessible travel sites in Africa.
• Accessible Europe -- links to information sites in Western Europe, organized by country.
• Disability Travel and Recreation Resources -- lots of links from www.makoa.org on travel planning, as well as destination-specific links from around the world.
• ICDRI links -- the International Center for Disability Resources on the Internet's list of links covering destinations around the globe.
• Independent Living Travel links -- travel and leisure resources in the U.S.A. and around the world from the Independent Living Institute.
Companies specializing in holiday and adventure travel for seniors and people with disabilities
• Accessible Journeys -- holidays for mature travelers, slow walkers, wheelchair travelers, their families and their friends (based in U.S.A.).
• Can be Done -- offers a wide range of accessible holidays around the world (based in the U.K.).
• Frederick Travel -- Frederick Travel is proud to offer vacations that carry the highest standard of accessibility.
• Outdoor Explorations -- outdoor adventures within the U.S.A. for people with all types of disabilities.
• Wilderness Inquiry -- outdoor adventures throughout North America and the world (based in U.S.A.).
• Jubilee Sailing Trust -- tall ship sailing holidays for people of all physical abilities (based in the U.K.).
• Mobility International USA -- international exchange programs for people with and without disabilities in more than 80 countries (based in U.S.A.).
• Accessible Kiwi Tours New Zealand -- accessible tours in New Zealand for seniors and people with special needs.
• Epic Enabled -- family friendly, wheelchair accessible, overland camping & adventure safari holidays in Southern Africa (based in South Africa).
• Southern Cross Safaris -- accessible safaris in eastern Kenya.
• World on Wheelz -- Frederick Travel is proud to offer specialized accessible travel arrangements for wheelchair users and those with mobility challenges.