The Training Institute maximizes opportunities for leaders, managers and service providers to achieve excellence in their respective domains through innovation in training while building sustainable capacity.
The Training Institute at March of Dimes Canada provides face-to-face and online training courses in:
- Leadership and Management
- Administration and Human Resources
- Professional Development
- Plus customized training programs, specifically tailored to your organization’s needs
Programs are available on-site across the country, or at the MODC National Office, located at 10 Overlea Blvd., Toronto, Ontario, M4H 1A4. In addition, we have over 90 online training courses, available 24/7!
Check back later in January to view the latest 2019 Training Catalogue!
Why Choose The Training Institute of March of Dimes Canada?
MODC shares over 65 years of organizational development and HR training success.
Since our inception in Canada in 1951, MODC has focused on achieving excellence in organizational development and leadership capacity to realize our vision and mission of: accessibility and inclusivity for all members of society.
We have achieved a strong culture of innovation and excellence in services, leadership development and employee retention, achieving a robust suite of workplace best practices and HR resource support to create a barrier-free and inclusive work environment, that we are now ready to share with organizations across Canada. Learn from an organization with over 65 years of experience!
As leaders in the field, our trainers are all set to bring their expertise in:
- Talent development and retention
- Attendant services / Community care
- Performance management
- Legal compliance
- Health and safety
- Employment equity
- Diversity and inclusion
March of Dimes Canada – Achieving Excellence through a New Focus on Training
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT COURSES
- Performance Management – Managing Effective Employee Performance
- Conflict Resolution for Managers
- Hiring for Performance
- HR Essentials for Managers
- Impact Supervision
ADMINISTRATION AND HUMAN RESOURCES COURSES
- HR Essentials for Supervisors
- Conflict Resolution
- Sensitivity Awareness
- Wellness – Being Well and Applied Mindfulness
- Creating a Respectful Workplace – Harassment and Bullying Prevention Training
- Accident Investigation and Prevention
- Safety 101
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COURSES
- Relationship Building Through Effective Communication
- Building Cross-Cultural Competence
- Crisis Aversion and Response Education (CARE)
- Understanding Acquired Brain Injury Training (ABI 101)
- Conflict Resolution
THE TRAINING INSTITUTE ONLINE COURSES
The Training Institute has a comprehensive collection of online courses which features over 90 courses on relevant subjects, in partnership with Vubiz. The courses are available in English and French.
Online Leadership and Management courses include:
- Establishing Performance Goals and Expectations
- Being a Successful Supervisor
- Project Management
- Conflict Management
Online Administration and Human Resources courses include:
- Meeting Effectiveness
- Time Management
- Developing Strong Customer Service Relationships
- Email Protocol
- Handling Difficult Customers
Online Professional Development courses include:
- Business Writing
- Enhancing Your Speaking Skills
- Communicating Cross-Culturally
- Coping with Change
- Introduction to Emotional Intelligence
* Contact us for a full selection of online courses.
We can also help you meet your LEGISLATIVE REQUIREMENTS.
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) 2015
- AODA – Accessible Customer Service
- AODA – Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulations (IASR)
* Courses are available to organizations and agency staff members, as well as to individuals wishing to enter the field and enhance their knowledge and abilities.
|Shirley Marie Garcia
Associate Director of Human Resources
The Training Institute
March of Dimes Canada
416-425-3463 ext. 7334
1-800-263-3463 ext. 7334