To maximize the independence, personal empowerment and community participation of people with disabilities.
To create a society inclusive of people with physical disabilities.
Core values to:
To provide solutions, through service, advocacy and research, which further equal opportunity, self-sufficiency, dignity and quality of life.
To create an environment that nurtures, recognizes and rewards excellence.
To demonstrate leadership through innovation and initiative.
To be accountable and responsible as financial stewards, quality service providers and advocates for our constituents.
Living Our Values
- Recognizing, respecting and balancing the rights, roles, health and safety of each stakeholder;
- Maximizing the right of each consumer to direct his/her own services;
- Creating a work environment that is diverse, free from discrimination and treats staff fairly and respectfully;
- Empowering, recognizing and rewarding staff for upholding the purpose and values of Ontario March of Dimes;
- Defining and enforcing standards of quality service, and striving for continuous improvement
Statement of Commitment to Ontario’s Customer Service Standard
March of Dimes Canada has been building an inclusive society since 1951, improving the lives and livelihoods of people with disabilities. The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) represents our first legislative milestone in Canada. March of Dimes Canada, will continue to promote and lead the way to a more inclusive society by facilitating full compliance with, and demonstrating leadership in, the Customer Service Standard (O. reg. 429/07) of the AODA in advance of its legislative requirements.