To maximize the independence, personal empowerment and community participation of people with disabilities.
To create a society inclusive of people with physical disabilities.
Core values to:
To provide solutions, through service, advocacy and research, which further equal opportunity, self-sufficiency, dignity and quality of life.
To create an environment that nurtures, recognizes and rewards excellence.
To demonstrate leadership through innovation and initiative.
To be accountable and responsible as financial stewards, quality service providers and advocates for our constituents.
Living Our Values
- Recognizing, respecting and balancing the rights, roles, health and safety of each stakeholder;
- Maximizing the right of each consumer to direct his/her own services;
- Creating a work environment that is diverse, free from discrimination and treats staff fairly and respectfully;
- Empowering, recognizing and rewarding staff for upholding the purpose and values of March of Dimes Canada;
- Defining and enforcing standards of quality service, and striving for continuous improvement
Three Key Attributes that Differentiate our Organization within Canada
1. Service Diversity
March of Dimes Canada provides a wide range of services to people with physical and other disabilities. We are a one-stop service provider, helping consumers achieve or sustain independence and remain active community participants.
2. Broad Constituency
March of Dimes Canada serves children and adults of all ages, with any physical disability, regardless of its cause. Our scope is expanding as we transition to a national organization.
3. Our Philosophy
As both an advocate and service provider, we empower people with physical disabilities to live independently and actively at home and in the community.